From satisfying all tastebuds
to dancing the night away!
From satisfying all tastebuds
to dancing the night away!
Eat and drink
Dining out is an essential part of the Westport experience. Dotted throughout the town, charming restaurants serve contemporary meals and treats, waiting to satisfy all tastes and budgets. Westport offers a varied selection of delicious Irish and Continental cuisine lovingly prepared using fresh seasonal local ingredients. And, touching the shores of Clew Bay, it is little wonder that many of the town’s best loved eateries specialise in tasty, fresh seafood.
Westport’s friendly and varied pub scene draws people from all over Mayo, all over the country and all over the world. From late pubs, quiet pubs, live-music pubs, famous pubs, wine bars, cocktail lounges, pubs with open fires, sports pubs, party pubs, traditional pubs and even pubs that are also corner shops – you will never be short of a social life in Westport! Whatever your style, Westport has the watering hole to suit you.
The following cafes are a must for your list of places to try:
1. Ring’s Bistro – Family run business who pride themselves in home cooked tasty food where everything is cooked fresh to order. This is a “Where the locals eat” type of café, a must try.
2. Leafy Greens Café – Serving healthy plant-based, gluten-free, made-from-scratch food without the use of any refined sugar or flour.
3. Willow Café Tea Room – Willow Cafe Tea Room serves specialised herbal organic teas and coffees in the seaside destination of Westport in Co.Mayo.
4. Sheila’s Food Emporium – Sheila’s Food Emporium is now a family business ran by Denis and Sheila Sheridan who have a lifetime of experience in the catering and hospitality industry.
The concept and ideas of Sheila’s Food Emporium is simple – ‘Good Honest Homemade Food’
5. Cupan Tae – ‘Internationally acclaimed Afternoon Tea & tearoom in Westport, Ireland. We serve afternoon tea, breakfast, lunch, and scrumptious sweets along with our bespoke loose-leaf teas, served in the finest of china.’
6. Gavins Café – Located in the heart of Westport with barista coffee, fresh homemade goods and friendly service.
7. Mocha Beans – Mocha Beans Cafés, based in Galway with locations in the East and West of Ireland, have been a local institution since 1997.We roast all our coffee beans in-house, producing the freshest and best tasting coffee in the country.
8. This Must Be the Place – Fresh, cute, quaint. Coffee to die for. Food to live for. A loyal local following, this gorgeous cafe and eatery is destined for great things.
9. The Creel – Café, Restaurant, Delicatessen & Home Baking, they offer casual, hearty meals with an international flavour as befits a cosmopolitan port town like Westport. The Creel is the destination, whether you are looking for sustenance or respite.
10. Marlene’s Chocolate Haven – Marlenes Chocolate Haven is a cosy cafe in Westport, County Mayo offering a selection of quality handmade chocolates and an extensive range of tea teas and coffees.
Westport has restaurants to suit all tastes and styles, whether you want:
1. The Tavern – Nestled at the foot of Croagh Patrick, the Tavern Bar & Restaurant, Specialises in seafood and also offers a variety of options for both meat lovers and vegetarians. The Tavern serves food daily and has an extensive menu.
2. Sol Rio – Sol Rio Restaurant situated in the heart of Westport opposite the famous Matt Molloy’s Pub offering food to suit all taste buds for family, business, casual, special events and private parties.
3. La Fougere – La Fougére is the award-winning restaurant at the stunning Knockranny House Hotel, Castlebar Road, Westport.
4. Torrinos Italian Restaurant – Torrinos is located in the heart of Westport town, up a quaint laneway – Market Lane – off Bridge Street. Torrino’s is a place where people can go to enjoy quality Italian food and wine in a relaxed and intimate atmosphere.
5. JJ O’Malleys Bar & Restaurant – Unique and imaginative menu with over 70 mouth-watering dishes ranging from succulent barbequed ribs, roast Irish duck not forgetting our flame-grilled prime Irish steaks. Vegetarians have a choice of as incredible 15 dishes while our seafood selection include fresh local mussels, sea bass, crab claws, and Tiger Prawns, so if your planing a night out in Westport we have everything for your needs.
6. Madden’s Bistro – Your visit to Westport would be incomplete without dining in one of Westport’s best restaurants Maddens bar & restaurant at the Clew Bay Hotel.
7. Cronin’s Shebeen – traditional in style pub and restaurant located just outside Westport in Co. Mayo overlooking Clew Bay on the west coast of Ireland. The Shebeen places a strong emphasis on providing an exceptional food offering accompanied by informal service in relaxed and unhurried surroundings.
8. The Towers Bar & Restaurant – The Towers Bar and Restaurant at Westport Quay has built up a well-earned reputation with locals and visitors alike for quality food and drink. It is located at the seashore with panoramic views of Clew Bay, Croagh Patrick and Clare Island.
9. Cian’s on Bridge Street – In Cians on Bridge Street, Cian’s philosophy is to use the freshest, local, seasonal ingredients to create dishes that are bursting with amazing flavours and textures to delight every palette.
10. Woodfire Pizza – Authentic Italian woodfire pizza and local organic produce
11. The Everest – The A La Carte menu at The Everest has variety of options to choose. These includes Starters, Tandoori specialities, Biryani and Vegetarian which is beautifully prepared using finest fresh ingredients. Our delicious Naan breads and mouth-watering tandoori dishes is cooked by using traditional charcoal tandoor.
Westport Bars, Pubs & Clubs
The Castle Late Night Venue
The Porter House
The Old Grainstore
The Clock Tavern
The Big Tree
An File Bar